Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Bringing the Girls Home

So this past Saturday I got my Bee Packages. And here is the install process.





This is one of my packages of bees.  Inside this there is a can of sugar water and the queen that is in her own cage.

Here is a better pic of the Packaged Bees.  Hey dad what do ya think?

Time to suit up. Here is dad aka camera guy putting on his Vail.

Here I am getting the Hives ready for the bees.  I removed several frames so I could pour the bees in.  This is a 10 frame hive.

I pulled the can of sugar water out so I can pour the bees in.   While doing this I realized that the queen cage wasn't attached to the strap and had fallen in the package of bees.  No big deal just have to go fishing for the cage when i pour them in the hive.

Here I am pouring the bees in.  Now if this doesn't get your adrenaline going I don't know what would.  So after I poured the bees in I had to go dig for the queen.

Here is the queen cage.  I used a rubber band to attach her cage to a frame with the candy side up.


Added all the frames.  You can see the rubber band that is holding the queen cage on the frame.

Here I added the feeder for the bees.  It holds the sugar water that is a 1:1 ratio of water to sugar. 



Here is a good shot of what it looks like when a package is installed.

After putting the inner cover and top cover on.  I laid the boxes in front of the hives so that the bees that were left in the package would walk out and go inside the hive.

2 comments:

  1. This is SO cool!! I have never seen inside a hive. I probably would have dropped them or something. Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I need all the luck I can get.

    ReplyDelete