Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Plans for Hives

November 24, 2010

My plans for my hives will consist of one deep body box, one medium body, and when its time I will add the honey boxes.  

I got 2 complete hives from a man from Wilkesboro.  He had a bunch of hive boxes laying around and he allowed me to take 2 complete hive for free.  So my next step is to clean the boxes as good as I can and repaint them.  I already made 2 medium body boxes so I will use them with what I got for free.

Once I have the boxes assembled I will have to wait until Feb. to order my bees.  The bees come in a 3 lb. cage, which I will be purchasing from Brushy Mountain Bee Farm.  Here is a link for their web site.  They also have supplies for beekeeping.   www.brushymountainbeefarm.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment