Wednesday, May 25, 2011

I know I haven't posted anything in awhile. But things have been crazy here. Just an update in my hives.

Hive #1 had decided to make a new queen. Not sure why, could have been several things. One is she got chilled, wasn't lay a good pattern or I had killed her while inspecting it. Out of those I think she got chilled when benign transported.
I added two frames of brood from the other hive so that there would be some new bees while they are queenless.

Hive #2 is doing great! I added another super and they are drawing it out nicely.
I am hoping to split this hive within a few weeks.

On another note. I went to my uncles house today and be has a top bar hive that is multiplying before my eyes. This hive is crazy happy! He just got a swarm this season and almost has his 48" long hive filled to the gills!

No comments:

Post a Comment