Friday, April 13, 2012

Starting Over

Well this winter was a total disaster! Got Mice in all my hives.  I learned a few valuable lessons.

One, I need to elevate my hives higher.
Two, I need to add a mouse guard
Three, Never move your hives just a couple hundred feet, if you need to move them move them miles.

So I am starting over! This time Dad and I are going to get 3 hives.  We get our Bees on the 16th of April. Im so excited!

This year I will be experimenting with a Top Bar Hive.
Here is a pic of it.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck Macon! Our hive left this winter. It was fun while we had them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys need to get another swarm! Dad was talking to his boss man and he said that if you catch a swarm ya need to replace the queen before winter. Wish you had a colony this year. I have a few traps out to catch a swarm, but no luck yet.

    ReplyDelete